Art and Design
At St. Joseph’s it is our aim to:
· Develop a love of art through a range of media, ensuring children have the opportunity to voice their thoughts and ideas around art, whilst recording their experiences and processes.
· Deepen and strengthen their knowledge across many art techniques through a broad and balanced range of topics which embrace different cultures and/or historical links.
· Supporting children to develop proficient skills, which control materials and tools as well as develop their techniques.
· Develop enjoyment and exploration of art through our cross curricular approach.
· Foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the arts, and knowledge of famous and inspirational artists and craft makers.
· Allow children time to evaluate and analyse artwork, using topic specific vocabulary.
Design and Technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. Design and Technology encourages children to learn to think and intervene creatively to solve problems both as individuals and as members of a team. At St Joseph’s School, we encourage children to use their creativity and imagination, to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values. We aim to, wherever possible, link work to other disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.